Last night on my way home from driving to a dear friend’s 40th birthday party, a rabbit crossed my path. I knew that there was meaning in this, so I looked up the meaning at http://www.crystalinks.com/totemanimals.html
This is what it had to say:
“Rabbit: fear, timidity, nervousness, humility
Rabbit’s medicine includes moving through fear, living by one’s own wits, receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages, quick thinking, strengthening intuition, and paradox. Rabbit also represents humility, because he is quiet and soft and not self-asserting. Rabbit reminds us not to be afraid. Fearful thoughts reproduce (like rabbits) and bring the very thing we fear. Rabbit people are so afraid of tragedy, illness, and disaster, that they call those very fears to them to teach them lessons. If you see Rabbit or in any way feel attracted to him, it may be telling you to wait for the forces of the universe to start moving again, to stop worrying and to get rid of your fears. It always indicates a need to re-evaluate the process you are undergoing, to rid yourself of any negative feelings or barriers, and to be more humble.”
This was a very timely message for me as I had been thinking and expressing some fears earlier that day which had caused me to self-sabotage. It was interesting too, as I had just finished listening to a video clip with Janet Attwood who had suggestions for Three Top Things to do to Love Your Life More.
- Meditate – by meditating, greater creativity comes in
- Passion – get more clear about what you are passionate about right now. We are all powerful. No one has an edge on being powerful.
- False belief, ideas and concepts – Those are the things we repeat to ourselves: “I’m not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, etc.” These are all false beliefs and she suggested to do.
“The Work” of Byron Katie who asks four questions:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely know it is true?
- How do you react when you attach to that thought?
- Who would you be without that thought and then turn that thought around.
Obviously, I need to focus on #3 “The Work”! Thank you Great Spirit for giving me the sign I needed to reinforce this. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams and I thank you for the gentle nudges you give to me to do the work that I need to do.