Natural Immune Boost
The recent chaos caused by the global pandemic has created a lot of fear. Instead of focusing on the fear and the chaos, I feel that it is imperative for each one of us, especially at this time, to focus on boosting our immune systems as well our thoughts. I want to share some suggestions for how to do this, but I also want this to be a place for you to add what has worked for you. We need to be forming a positive, supportive community.
First off, I felt it was very interesting that Sylvia Browne predicted this and she also said that it would suddenly vanish and then reappear in another 10 years and then disappear completely. This is why I feel it is imperative that we need to boost our immune systems.
12 Natural Ways to Boost Immune System
So, what are some ways to boost our immune system naturally? I am going to share and discuss The Daily Dozen that Sachin Patel from the Living Proof Institute promotes.
1. Joyful Movement – Movement is Medicine. Qigong, Thai Chi, Dance, Yoga, Walking are just a few forms. Whatever it is that brings you joy, do it!
2. Stillness – When the Dalia Lama has asked what people should do through this crisis, his response was to meditate. Breathing deeply from the diaphragm helps to calm our nervous system down and switch from fight or flight response to the rest and relax one. There are numerous mediation sites out there. Find one that resonates for you.
3. Relationships – It is important to have healthy supportive relationships with family and friends.
4. Forgiveness – This is a big one. You have to ask yourself, is it more important to be right or to be at peace? When we are angry at someone else, it does not effect them, it effects us and our immunity.
5. Gratitude Journal – It is important to express gratitude for what you already have in your life. When you share what you are grateful for by either writing or sharing with another person, your body releases healthy chemical reactions in your body that help with stress, sleep as well as being inclined to having more positive emotions instead of negative ones,
6. Plant Based Foods – Food is medicine. What are you putting into your mouth? Leafy greens are full of antioxidants. Remember that saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away?” Well, there ends up being a lot of truth in this!
7. Hydration – We are made up of 70% water, yet most of us are not taking in enough water to keep us hydrated. Water not only hydrates us but it helps to flush toxins out of our body.
8. Speak Your Truth – When we keep extra emotions bottled up inside us, all they do is build and build until we finally explode. Instead of getting to the explosion point, it is better to speak our truth.
9. Sunshine – Helps skin produce Vitamin D, regulates metabolism, improves sleep, reduces stress and improves healthy eyesight.
10. Healthy Bowel Movement – There has been more and more research done on our gut health and how it impacts our well being.
11. Nature – Vitamin “N” nature is a great way to boost the immunity. Even with this cold weather, getting outdoors, even for 10 minutes will help bring fresh air into your lungs. Trees give off phytoncides which help to boost our natural born killer cells. There is also recent research that shows that with the changing of the seasons, the biomes change, aiding us with our exposure to them.
12. Deep Sleep – sleep is when our body rests and repairs itself. Limiting our screen time is important, especially first thing in the morning and as the sun sets.
Extra Immune Boosters
On top of this daily dozen list, there are also:
a. Different modalities: Sound Therapy, Light Therapy, EFT, Reiki, Reflexology, massage to name just a few
b. Protocols like using saunas, cryotherapy (cold and hot therapy), steam rooms, essential oils
c. Supplements to boost immunity – For example, Bee Propolis, Garlic (the odorless kind!), Echinacea, Grapeseed Oil Extract, Vitamin C, Oil of Oregano..again to name just a few
d. Certain teas: Lemon, Ginger, Peppermint with some honey added to them.
This list is definitely not exhaustive and because we are unique, what works for one person may not work as well for another. Please share what has worked well for you to boost your immune system. Together we will get through this building a stronger immunity for all.